Saturday, January 17, 2009

Up first a bit of frivolity





There has been many things that have happened since Christmas. I actually got on a plane to fly. ( My broomstick was in the closet) and went off to the magical paradise of a Resort in Dominican Republic. This is a place where there are no dishes to wash, No dinners or lunches to prepare. The beds magically get made with fresh sheets every day and lovely exotic drinks are handed to you by gorgeous jaw dropping men name Carlos or Angel.

It was a memory filled trip! We all swam with Dolphins and sharks and Manta rays. We fed hundreds of fish who apparently were starving. Hours were spent basking in the Sun which in effect fried any memory of -50 degree weather went completely out of my mind.

If only I could go back there. Why you say? Because the windchill for the past week has been - 50 here. Seriously I could be a snowbird now in my life and I so would love to be in a warm tropical setting with an ocean breese to cool me off , along with fancy little cocktails.

New favourite drink is Chocolate Martinies. (Spelling oops). For the Chocolate loving ladies out there it is a lovely concoction made with Creme de Cacao, Vodka and Dark Chocolate Syrup. Shaken not stirred with a fancy little umbrella with a cherry on it. Yum

In reality I am ignoring my laundry and dishes and hoping the magical beings that took care of all the mundane things were here so I could just sit at my table with strips around me to make the next Bonnie Hunter Mystery . Double Delight is a gorgeous pattern check it out. I don't really need to start another WIP since I still have the OC and OTR to do. (they are waiting patiently in their bins waiting for me to get busy. OH well
Hugs everyone

1 comment:

Amy said...

looks like alot of fun!! sometimes it is good to let your hair down and get away from household things, take care,Amy