Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quilt Reflections 2008

Well this was one fantastic weekend, Quilt Reflections 2008 had arrived there was many beautiful, inspiring pieces and I had the pleasure of going to a trunk show and dinner on Saturday night. I camped out at the Canad Inns Polo Park in Winnipeg since thursday night I was so excited to go. Friday went well enough I volunteered so I was on White Glove Patrol in the morning while it wasn't open , they had opened the show to seniors from a few homes so they go through with wheel chairs and didn't have to battle the crowds. I also got to see all of the beauties before the
Some of the Artists and award winners are people I know they are from The In Stitches Group from Little Britain Church. Judith Panson won 1st place with her beautiful panels and also won best in show with them. Its funny I knew her sons when we were growing up and they must be so proud of their mom. These are just some of the quilts that I took pictures of. Some of the quilts sing with colour and the movement some created wow wow wow!!!
I ran into a few quilters that I met last year and If you look at my older blogs there is one with Wild Thang and I got re-aquainted(spelling?) with Melissa M. I just received a phone call that I was a lucky winner of one of the challenge quilts. Yippee.


No comments: