Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Coming out of hiding

The worst thing about depression is that you just curl up into a ball and have the biggest pity party on the planet. I have lost contact with scores of people because I couldn't handle it. I screened phone calls, quit seeing some family members barely went online. Chocolate and the tv were my best friends. Counselling was something I hated doing . If your honest with yourself it hurts and makes you come out of that little cacoon that you have been hiding in. Lets say I wasn't coming out to put my feelings outside where they could be seen. Very few people and I am talking about 3 people I let into my house for about 3 months. This is another step. Getting back online.
I am hoping some people forgive me and if they don't I cannot worry about them. I have enough of the garbage still floating around in my day to day life, that oh well that I really didn't need them in my life in the first place.
I still battle with going to work every day.
Lets see if I can get back into the swing of things in my quilting world.

13 comments:

Chris said...

Lynn

It took me two years to drag myself out of such a slump. Take one step at a time....that's why God gave us two feet :)

Hang in there. It will get much better.

Chris

Sweet P said...

Hi Lynn, I'm glad to hear from you. Take care of yourself. I'm here if your want to talk. If not, I'm still here.

Andee said...

Step by step things will improve, life should not be so hard. I am glad to see a post from you.

AverettLadyNana said...

So glad to hear from you! Been concerned... One step and one day at a time...things will get better...

Cathi said...

I'm so glad to see a post from you! I've been wondering about how you were. Just take one little step at a time. Things will start to get better.

Julie said...

perhaps your easter swap gift gave you a little cheer? i know it would have me.

cityquilter grace said...

was wondering, in your move did you happen to find my chunky churndash swap blocks? tried emailing but it was returned....

cityquilter grace in maine

Sunna Reyr said...

Glad to see you surface again. Will be sending you good thoughts.

Beth said...

Heres hoping after all your hard work, you feel better soon. Little by little...I never feel better in leaps and bounds...just little cat feet. Find joy in small things...cup of coffee...warmth of summer...a beautiful sunset/sunrise....a purring kitty...and a new quilting project!

Louise SS said...

Take one day at a time! Let this take time.... it will take as long if not longer to get back to "normal" but that's ok. Don't overdo it! And don't let people get to you! Hang in there!

Candace said...

Good to hear from you, you've been missed.

Karen said...

I so totally understand....

Unknown said...

Been there, occassionally visit still. Hope things are still going up for you.