Monday, November 17, 2008

44 years and Counting

44 years ago my mother, bless her, gave birth to what she would have called her biggest work in progress. *VBG* ME!!! I was a terror. at 4 I was running away from home going all the way down the block to Granny's house I would go. Skip ten years and I was still running away to Granny's House. Skip another 30 years and Well here I am living in , you betcha Granny's House. lol




I received a present from a lovely lady named Sunna. She didn't know It was my Birthday and as I got around to opening my mail, out popped a little sparkly pink ribbon pin. Thank you very much Sunna. She also blessed me with a few Scrappy Geese to go into my OTR yes!!!

I finally opened my parcel with my postage stamps. Very Pretty Ladies and Thank you to Sweet Pea (Paula) for Hostessing the swap. I have enough little bits to keep me going for a little while if I get a chance to piece them together into a Triple Irish Chain or just maybe a Postage stamp . I am currently waiting for my Kona Snow to be delivered and then I will decide. Not to mention my 9 patches were just delivered. Kodo's to Karen D. for being the Hostess of this swap. They had been delivered to somebody else and they finally returned them to the post office. This has happened a few times for me. I wish someone would take the visa bill though. If wishes were horses....

Well it has been hectic around here and the earliest I have been getting home is 8:00 pm since I leave for work at 6:30 am its a long day. Things just pile up and wait for me to take care of it so the last 2 Saturdays I was a whirling dervish trying to clean up my home so that I can sit at my machine and work on my OTR or something without feeling guilty. errrr I hate house work. DH tidies but with 3 furballs living with us there are rabid dust bunnies seeking out prey attaching themselves to eek my fabric! DH says there is just as many bits and pieces of strings here but he exaggerates. I chain piece so there is not at many. lol.

I had cut out a large chunk of the pieces needed for the OTR so I got to spend quality time with my machine Last Sunday not so much this Sunday. I have all the bits for the 4 patches sewn into 2 patches last Sunday and was chaining them into 4's by the early afternoon. Once I had enough of that, I began piecing the half square triangles
for the pinwheels. It never ended. By 8:30 I was stiff and tired and seemed to have made little progress in the pinwheel department. I can't believe some ladies actually got theirs done in one weekend. Maybe if I didn't break and go out for dinner have a naps , lol.


I am also working on my Secret Santa Christmas Swap. Bits and pieces of it are all over the place. I told you about SAD and I am having acute attack right now and have changed my mind on colour ways twice now so I have starts for 3 presents. I know she has similiar tastes as me so I wonder if she is having the same problem on her end for her SS. Enquiring minds want to know! Well I want to know , Wicket my darling kittie looks like she don't care. lol


Now I went and did it I mentioned Christmas. Do you all have as many gifts to finish I am sitting at 9 and I hope to get them done and photographed all before Dec 24. Since I seem to only have time to sew on weekends. I am thinking I will only get 2 or 3 done . errr that means I will have to go shopping and I don't know about you but I hate shopping in the holiday season! It's way to much for me. People, perfumes and lineups AAAAA. Well gotta go and sew or something is not gonna finish.

Oh and I have to mention Canada Post is going on strike so maybe that is why I am having so much problems with my parcels arriving in a timely fashion. Errrr!

Hugs and Blessings
Lynn

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

Happy Birthday! How cool you still live in your grandma's house. My oldest brother lives in our grandma's house.

I've never thought about how SAD affects color choices in projects. I know that over the summer when I was dealing with stress and exhaustion my color choices were mainly muted colors. Now I changed to more vibrant colors, stripes and polka dots.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a studio on color choices and mental health. I think it would be an interesting read.

Anonymous said...

Very funny!!
If you want to swap a gift with france, write my profil on sirpriz :)

Mama from http://www.sirpriz.com
from France

Make friends, swap and send and receive some gifts around the world