Friday, October 10, 2008

October is Quilt Pink

Well as I get over my bronchitis which makes it a chore to walk even the beginnings of October brings a lot of reflection. North Americans think Orange and Purple and Halloween. I also think PINK. October is Breast Cancer Month. This is the disease that carried my mother away on her next journey. I urge all to take part , buy a pin, donate to a walker, Walk yourselves. Funding research is the only way we will be able to take this cancer and concur it.

My mother having survived it once became a mentor for First Nations women of all ages who were newly diagnosed. She gave workshops on the topic of holistic, traditional medicines and working with the Western Medicine. Her second battle with the disease left me and my sisters without the Matriarch of the family. May we only be so brave.
As a quilter, I am making a quick link to McCalls because they have some wonderful Quilt for a Cure patterns.
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/golden/qfac_patterns/

Hugs and wishes for good health for all
Deedee

1 comment:

swooze said...

Hugs and thinking of you. I hope you are well soon.